October 19-20, 2010 - Nancy, France
Here is a list of restaurants in Nancy that I can recommend, with no ordering... Of course, there are others that you could try and are good restaurants.
- Brasserie Flo-Exclsior, closed to the train station : The *famous* "brasserie" with art-nouveaux ceils. It is maybe wise to reserve.
- A la table du bon roi Stanislas, 7 rue Gustave Simon, closed to the Beaux-Art Museum : The dinner is based on meals at the time of the king Stanislas ! Wine is good. People are young and friendly. (http://tablestan.free.fr)
- L'arrosoir, between Stanislas square (=Place) and Carriere Square. There are good pizzas and some weird deserts. We may also eat some others good dishes.
- La maison de la guyane, 13, Carrière square, cooking from Guyane with good coktails.
- La mignardise - a bit expensive - http://www.lamignardise.com
- Chez Bagot, 45 grand rue, good french cooking. (http://www.le-chardon-bleu.com)
- Les pissenlits, 27 rues des ponts : very good traditional french cooking - not expensive at noon but I don't remember evening prices. One of my all time favourite
- There is a "creperie" very closed to Les pissenlits where we eat crepes ! for a light dinner with cidre (apple wine).
- Le petit cuny : 95, Grand rue - http://www.petitcuny.fr -Cooking from the east side of France : Choucroute, Munster cheeses, saussages ...
- There are several good restaurants on rue des Maréchaux (closed to beaux Arts museum): Among them, I recommend Le Bistrot Lyonnais, Bistrot de Gilles or la Boucherie (to eat meat), but others are ok.
- There are also three good restaurants and a wine bar (where you can eat a light meal with god wines) on primatiale street
Cafés and bars are opened all around Stanislas square, and also near St Epvre church at the end of Grand rue.
Have a nice stay !!